Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Adoption Update April 2010

Psalms 37:23-24 23 If the Lord delights in a man's ways, He makes his steps firm,24 though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with His hand.

Dear family and friends:

This is a verse that I stumbled upon today when I was thinking of this email and what I wanted to express to you about our adoption process this far. I was thinking how this journey involves so many steps but that each one has taught us something and reaffirmed what we feel God leading us to do. God is continually reminding us that what we are doing is His will for our lives. This journey has not been an easy one for me. At times it has felt very invasive and I will admit, that at times, I have questioned where He was in all this. Then I am reminded through a song on the radio or a verse that He is beside us walking this path with us and I take one more firm step forward. The most recent step forward in adoption process was to finish and send in our formal application. We finished up our application this week and sent it to Bethany on Tuesday. Then on Thursday night we received a call from Kelly Richards, our adoption specialist. She talked to Matt and explained some of our next steps. We hope to begin to meet with her in the next couple of weeks. Thus, begins our next step, the homestudy. I am sure like the steps so far it will come with much learning and possible hard times, but we will step firmly into it. We request that you keep us in your prayers in the next three months during this homestudy. We have a lot to learn about adoption and I know that God is still preparing us, as well.

Thanks again for all your support!
Mandy and Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment